Friday, February 13, 2009

cravings and aversions

one of the most common questions i am getting asked being pregnant (of course after...when are you due?! are you having a boy or a girl?! how are you feeling?!) is are you having any weird cravings? well, weird is a hard word to define. though i am craving things that i wouldn't normally if i wasn't pregnant, but i have not experienced any cravings for strange combinations (pickles and peanut-butter ice cream, anyone?). so, here is a list of the "heavy hitters" for the past 12 weeks.

cravings:
- V8 vegetable juice (spicy and regular mixed)- this is the latest!
- minestrone soup
- red vines! (this has always been a favorite, but now i need them in the house)
- toaster waffles
- pickles (i know, i know...typical...it really did happen about 5 weeks ago!)
- bananas

aversions: (this is actually a short list)
- MEXICAN FOOD!
typically i really like mexican food, but from about a week after i found out i was pregnant (until now) i have not been able to even think about eating mexican food. the one exception to this was the night i made chicken fajitas at home. those were delicious! in my first 10 weeks there was plenty that didn't sound appealing, but nothing that has lasted quite like the mexican food. hmmm...apparently just typing about it sorta makes me want to gag....

1 comment:

  1. During my first trimester I'd send out "weekly updates" to our six parents (my four, his two) with a freshly updated list of my cravings and aversions. Like yours, they changed ALL the time. Meat was the only thing that was a constant aversion for about 14 weeks - even the smell of meat and ESPECIALLY when paired with BBQ sauce made me sick to my stomach. I never had any crazy cravings either, yet anyway. I suppose the wierdest thing I wanted were potsickers. I ate the whole bag in one night. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete